Friday, July 3, 2009

Camp Adventure

When we got to Korea, The Artist was having trouble getting settled. She had spent 6 weeks saying goodbye to many friends and family members. I wasn't sure how I was going to help her get through the heartache of moving and missing her friends. I checked out a magazine put out by MWR (Morale, Welfare & Recreation) to see what was going on in the local area and found Camp Adventure. It is nine 1-week camps with arts and crafts, games, field trips, bowling and swimming for 40 hours a week. It sounded like the perfect opportunity to help my daughter get settled. We weren't able to get her in until the 3rd week and she just loved it. It was the solution she needed to finally feel settled and at home. She had a great time with the other kids and the counselors, Mr. Monsoon and Ms. Rainbow. And she can't wait to go back again! She went to a beach in Korea this week. The family was invited to join the kids, but the Nature Girl and I didn't... wished we would have, but I needed to get some things done around the house. I'm still trying to get moved in. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment