Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our First Korean Train Ride

Since the girls and I will be needing to use the train to get back and forth from post, I figured we would give it a whirl on a day that it didn't matter if I got on the wrong train. I was so confused looking at all the writing in Hangul on the ticket machines trying to buy our ticket. A kind, Korean gentleman helped me buy my ticket. Another Korean man directed me to an elevator to reach the tracks. When I got upstairs, I was sure that I was in the wrong place since I was the only one on that side of the tracks. I went back downstairs and 2 sweet, older Korean ladies offered, in their broken English, to help me get where I was going. The trip went well and we are on our way!


Outside the train station


Inside the train station

2 comments:

  1. How unnerving. New experiences are good though. Thats why your there right. :) ADVENTURE

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom always said that she'd learn the Hangul for the places that she'd want to go and just look for the signs. We never stayed home, so I guess she must've done a pretty good job. You'll get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete