Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

When I heard that Korea gets about 49 inches of rain a year, I decided that we needed raincoats and boots. I found rain boots in AZ, but I had trouble finding raincoats. While we were in NY, I finally found them. The girls were so excited about their new apparel that I had to promise them that they could play in the rain with them one day. Well, the Artist never forgets anything. So, every time it rained, she kept after me begging to go play in the rain with her new gear. Today, I finally caved. It is raining outside and my girls want to go play. What do you expect? They've grown up in AZ. So, I got the girls dressed in their new raincoats & boots and gave them their umbrellas and let them run around in the rain for a bit. The Nature Girl found a water-logged bug and kept her eye on him more than anything. The Artist just played on the playground equipment without a care in the world. I can only imagine what the Koreans who saw us must have thought of those "strange Americans" playing in the rain.


The girls can't wait to go play in their
new coats and boots in the rain


Umbrellas up







Even in the rain, she can't help but watch bugs




Wet or dry, merry-go-rounds are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment