Monday, May 18, 2009

North Carolina

The drive to NC was pretty. It seems that NC, like TX cares to plant flowers along the roadsides to make the scenery more attractive for those stuck driving the highways. My dear friend, Jenn, was kind enough to let us stay at her place for a few days. Poor Jenn seemed to have nothing but car problems while I was there, but at least she was not alone as we drug one car after the other to the garage! When the guys are away, it seems like nothing but trouble follows. It was nice just to do the mundane stuff of hanging out, grocery shopping and staying up all night talking... it was relaxing and fun. And, oh, the fun the kids had! My girls just loved hanging out with Jenn's kids! They have missed each other since Jenn and her family moved away more than a year ago.

Now, my eldest is not fond of dogs, especially ones that are taller than her knees, so she kept her distance from Jenn's boxer for most of our visit. But, by the end of our visit, she had finally warmed up to the pup. My youngest on the other hand, is VERY fond of all living things. She had a blast playing with the dog and the cat and chasing squirrels out in the yard.

While we were there, my eldest saw Jenn knitting a prayer shawl and asked her if she would make one for her stuffed bear so he wouldn't be cold on the airplane flight to Korea. I didn't know what to make of my daughter asking for a gift like that, but Jenn thought that she had asked so sweetly, that she found some yarn laying around and got right to knitting up a little blanket for a stuffed bear named, Pete. What a blessing to have such wonderful friends!

It was sad to drive away that morning... my oldest daughter is having trouble saying goodbye to loved ones every few days as we move from one house to another traveling across the country. We still have several more stops to go before we get to Korea... I pray she will be alright.







Jenn working on my eldest's blanket with
my future cat, Lucky, and my youngest





My eldest with the pup and
her stuffed animal, Pete



Our kids

No comments:

Post a Comment