Thursday, May 7, 2009

A few tips... based on my experiences

When you live in Arizona, you pretty much wear sandals or flip flops all the time. In Sierra Vista, you will find mosquitoes, but mostly during May-August. For the most part, it is not the kind of place where all the local bugs are out to get you and make a meal of you... too harsh of an environment. That, and I really didn't spend that much time outside. Texas is green and beautiful... but if you are going outside and plan to be walking through the grass, you need to wear shoes and socks. The fire ants are always looking for someone to bite... they are very aggressive. We also found that sitting in the flowers for a quick photo can get you all bit up too, by little bugs called thrips. I couldn't figure out why my girls were so upset to be sitting in the flowers getting their picture taken. Well, they were getting bit by bugs that are almost too tiny to see. I was fortunate to get these two cute shots, though.



While I was in Texas, I had a wonderful time visiting with friends. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to visit everyone I wanted to see nor did I get to spend as much time as I would have liked with the people I did see.

No comments:

Post a Comment