Monday, September 28, 2009

Soyosan Mountain

I have been aching to see autumn leaves for years. I have been living in the Arizona desert and central Texas for the last 7 years. They just don't have fall there. When you grow up in PA and NY state, you know what autumn is supposed to look like. So, I talked my dear husband into going hiking with the girls and I so I could try to catch some trees in their glory. Well, unfortunately, we were a little early to catch the color, but we had a good time climbing the mountain.


Soyosan Mountain

A horse statue with my girls and their friend

The only trees I caught with color.

I want to come back in the spring... I believe that this is a resting area covered with wisteria vines.

The Nature Girl with a walking stick. Checking out what new discoveries she can make.

Hiking up the road, the beginning of the mountain trail.

The sign telling about the temple located on the mountain.

The arch where you pay to enter the mountain. It cost about $3.00 for the 5 of us to get on the mountain. It cost $2.00 to park.

A waterfall and a grotto with a shrine to budda.


Proof that I was there. lol

The ajama who took the picture wanted to have her picture taken with the girls.

Waterfall

Nature Girl couldn't help herself, she had to dig in the tire tread covered stairs to find a bit of nature to be her newest treasure.

Stairs, stairs and more stairs... oh, my calves hurt the next day!





Climbing the rocks


The Koreans were excited to see little ones do so well climbing their mountain. They would laugh and clap when they saw the girls.

We didn't make it to the top of the mountain. When we thought about the trip back down the mountain... helping and carrying small kids... we cut our hike short. But the girls hiked for a really long way. If I could have read the map, I might have had an idea about how far we went.



The strangest thing I think I saw was a station where they had compressed air so you could spray the dust off your pants at the end of the hike!!! We rebelled and left the dust on our pants. There was actually a line of people waiting to spray themselves off.

No comments:

Post a Comment