Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Children's Grand Park

I have to say that this is the hardest post I have had to write so far... Why? Because I have 377 pictures and I don't want to bore you with all of them, so which ones do I show you!?! We had such a good time! So, bear with me while I give you a tour of this wonderful place hidden away in Seoul.


The entrance of Children's Grand Park. The park is free to enter and you could spend the whole day there for free if you wanted. Stop by the Information center just inside the gate and grab a map of the park... you'll need it because the park is so large.


The girls and daddy getting ready to explore the park.


The Nature Girl petting a giraffe statue.


My girls posing with the lion.


Beautiful Water Lilies in the Environment Pond. I just loved these!






A little sample of a traditional Korean country home (I think)


There is a boardwalk through an ecological pond.


They have an aviary where you can feed the birds. Now, I am not a big bird fan, but I really enjoyed this. For 500Won (about 50 cents) you can buy a little container of food to feed the birds. They will eat right out of your hands. I thought the girls would be all over this one, but they were a little nervous at first. They didn't like the feel of the little feet on their hands or the little rubbing from the birds' beaks as they were eating out of their hands. They eventually got over it, but surprisingly, the Artist did better than the Nature Girl with this one!






We all had a good time and the girls really enjoyed it!




For some reason the birds really liked the lace on the Artist's socks!


Nice waterfall and resting area.


Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs and my two little munchkins.


They have a zoo with polar bears, seals, monkeys, lions, tigers, elephants, camels, deer, crocodiles, owls and many more!




The fennec fox is the smallest of all the world's foxes, but has large ears, measuring 6 inches. Fennec foxes are originally from the sandy Sahara Desert and elsewhere in North Africa. They were just adorable!


Hey, you can't poop out on me yet... there is so much more to see and do!
Hang in there... you can do it!


They have 2 very large playgrounds and one water playground (we didn't make it to the water playground). One of the playgrounds was under construction when we were there. But I have seen how quickly the Korean people get their construction projects done, and I would guess that in a month all will look like new again there.




A cool disk swing.


Another great flower bed.


They had a very nice merry-go-round.


A view of the amusement park from the ferris wheel. The park is definitely not cheap. We bought a child's ticket for 5 rides for about $10 for each of the girls. It cost $4 for a ticket to ride just one ride for an adult. They do follow height requirements, so the girls were turned away from several rides. There weren't too many rides for really little ones... only about 6 or 7. If you go when it isn't busy, it may look like the rides aren't running, just wait by the ride you want to use or let a park employee from another ride know what ride you want to go on, and they will send someone over to run the equipment.


A shot of a roof I could see from the ferris wheel... someone planted grass on the roof of their house. Now do they go up and mow their roof?


The Train Exhibit


The Rainbow Fountain (not really sure why they call it that). Check out the lush trees in the background there!


A beautiful flower bed by the rear entrance


The Music Fountain - they say that the fountain moves in time with music.

Oh, the only other thing that costs money that I forgot to mention, is the animal shows and the animal rides. You can watch seals and elephants perform, or have the kids take a ride on a camel. We didn't do those things, but the camel ride was about $5. I didn't get to see how much the shows were. But I think I heard that they didn't cost too much.

We had such a wonderful time! I can't wait to go back! I would love to see it in the Fall! We only saw one other American family there. It wasn't crowded at all. If you get the chance to come to Korea... you really ought to check this place out!

No comments:

Post a Comment