Monday, June 28, 2010

Itaewon

Recently, while I was in Seoul, my friend, Melanie and I decided to walk over to Itaewon. I have not been there since I came to visit my husband in Korea about 12 years ago. It looked quite different to me. Lots to see, lots of shopping and lots of food! We had a gyro-like sandwich for lunch (which was yummy) and Cold Stone Ice Cream for dessert! 6/3/10


Flower boxes along the way

Entrance to Itaewon. It was election season. See all the campaigners in blue?

McDonald's open 24 hours. They have cones for 40 cents!

Melanie found a pair of shoes she likes

Shoes wrapped in plastic just like your hamburger in the deli case. lol!

Embroidery shop

Burger King and Reebok, what a combination!

Garden Statue

Hangover soup with Oxbone

Grilled Stomach (Tripe)

Beef Tripe and Intestine Soup

Interesting light- A bag full of incandescent bulbs
with a fluorescent bulb shining through them.

Chocolate shop with delicious chocolates inside

Coffee Shop next door

Carriages in the antique section of town

A cool-looking house

Banners welcoming you to Itaewon in several languages up the street

2 comments:

  1. You need to call me when you are down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get there myself! When I was little and we lived here, I would always say "Yoboseo (sp?), It-aewon!" as we were driving by.

    ReplyDelete