Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whew!

WOW! I thought I would never get out of Arizona! I cleaned and worked and painted and cleaned for a week. Now, my house was not that dirty, but the list that the property management company gave me and the work that just plain needed done and the OCD issues that I have made it last that long! I wasn't able to just say, "that's good enough" or "I don't care". It just is so hard to find those words in me. The lady from property management came and looked at the house and said that the house looked great and that most of her owners don't put that much work into their homes. Wait a minute... you mean I could have left with a sweep and a mop???? I would have happily done so if I thought I could get away with it.

But that's not all... I spent the next whole day sorting through all the stuff that had been in my house that the packers hadn't taken away... about 3 vanloads full! I had to pack some of it to mail and some of it to actually get the privilege of driving around the country with me. I mailed about 18 boxes to Korea (don't ask how much that cost) and 3 boxes to my mom (of things she wanted to have back when my girls were done with them). Your postage rates shouldn't be going up again any time soon!

I finally pulled out of town around 11:30 am. We stopped and grabbed McD's and took a potty break and got going again. We are now halfway to Fort Hood, Texas. The girls were just great on the trip. They only had one opportunity to stretch their legs during the 430 miles of road. They sure were troopers! And tomorrow, we should get to see my dear friends, Melissa and Colleen! I can't wait! I sure do miss them! Fort Hood, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you! I am looking forward to it more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! I mistakenly thought you were gone thursday. You should have called me! I'm sure you could have found something for me to do. :) Travel safe!

    Classes on Saturday went well. Everyone seemed to have a good time. :)
    Good luck! Hope your travels go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete