Monday, April 5, 2010

Insadong

If you are looking for pottery, antiques, souvenirs or traditional tea houses, then Insadong is the place for you!


The building outside the subway station




Shoes being sold out of a trunk on the street


Souvenirs


Business card holders


Compacts




Fancy fans


3D greeting cards of traditional Korean dress


Amethyst cathedral


Beautiful inlay




moldy books




Traditional Korean pottery. The Queen of England shopped here!




these guys sell 16,000 strings of honey also known as court cakes... a sweet candy served to royalty. They put on a pretty good show... have your camcorder ready!




Flashy hair accessories are everywhere in Korea


A shop selling buddist items




Poinsettias




Angie took me to my first Kalbi (I think that is spelled right) restaurant. It is a place where they grill the meat right at your table.


You wrap the beef or pork in a lettuce leaf. Some people have been known to call it "beef in leaf", but not I.


Here is the meat grilling on at the table... yum!


A nut candy... very, very sticky




A chest inlayed with mother of pearl... I don't remember how much it cost, but it was expensive!!!!


an antique shop

I had a great time checking out Insadong with my friend, Angie. Thanks for going exploring with me! Sept 7, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What great exploring you did! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete